This is a yummy vegan recipe for kids to get started having fun in the kitchen! We have a platter of rainbow veggies for your rainbow superpowers and a scrummy roasted carrot hummus recipe for powerful plant-based protein. Read the instructions below and watch the video on YouTube.
Veggie Platter Recipe
These are the veggies we used for our veggie platter but you can use any veggies you like best.
- Red peppers
- Yellow peppers
Get an adult to help you peel and chop the carrots and chop all the other vegetables. Make sure you wash them first!
Roasted Carrot Hummus Recipe
You will need a food processor for this recipe. Get an adult to help you.
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Juce from 1/2 lemon
- Water to thin (as needed)
- First you need to roast the carrots. Get an adult to help you mix the chopped carrots with 1 tsp of vegetable oil and roast in the over at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Next, put the garlic clove in the food processor and process until it is finely chopped.
- Now add all the other ingredients except the water and process until well mashed.
- Add a few tablespoons of water to thin the hummus if you think it’s too thick. We added about 3 tablespoons of water to ours. Process again to mix in the water.
Serve the Recipe
Spoon the hummus into a bowl and place the veggies on a plate. Then… EAT! This veggie platter and roasted carrot hummus recipe is even better shared with friends.